Thursday, June 29, 2006

A lesson that i cry too.

My brother(real one hor) was sending an email with regards to the five important lessons that he learnt from the stories he heard, i believe he heard these from somebody else. Of all, one of the stories caught my attention. I read the story and was sobbing deep down in my heart. Suddenly, it makes me realise that i have, at times, take a lot of times for granted, not only one the people who served me or who would serve me in future, but the friends who have been there with me through my darkness period and who have brought laughters to me. If possible, maybe you would want to take a look at the story....


Important Lesson - Always remember those who serve.

In the days when an ice cream sundae cost much less, a 10-year-old boy entered a hotel coffee shop and sat at a table. A waitress put a glass of water in front of him.

"How much is an ice cream sundae?" he asked.

"Fifty cents," replied the waitress.

The little boy pulled is hand out of his pocket and studied the coins in it."Well, how much is a plain dish of ice cream?" he inquired. By now more people were waiting for a table and the waitress was growing impatient.

"Thirty-five cents," she brusquely replied.The little boy again counted his coins.

"I'll have the plain ice cream," he said.The waitress brought the ice cream, put the bill on the table and walked away. The boy finished the ice-cream, paid the cashier and left.

When the waitress came back, she began to cry as she wiped down the table. There, placed neatly beside the empty dish,were two nickels and five pennies..=20

You see, he couldn't have the sundae, because he had to have enough left to leave her a tip.


I don't know how you react upon reading the story, but to me, it served, and would continue to serve, as a reminder for me that i should and always appreciate people who serve and people who cross my path.

Hopefully, this do induce and help you to think and realise some facts and truths about life too.
If you think it is worth to spread around, do tell the story around, like what i'm doing now. Yup.


I may be mentally and spirtually exhausted, but, i'm always there and will be there. I guarantee , i promise, i swear. Yup...

1 Comments:

Blogger -S| M|N- said...

the story is a nice one.....good that you will always be there.........Hang on!! Cheer up!!

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home