Sunday, February 05, 2006

Yup, finally got the time of my own to do this

Just had a nice chat with my new buddy, well, sort of happy that at least he did not forget who the fish i am. Yup, now trying to pray hard for him, for he will be taking his results pretty soon. I really hope that he will do very well for it, though i may end up losing contact him with for he might end up doing his degree in Australia - Pyschology. (May end up sad for a few days again. But never mind!)

Well, something strange happens today. And i'm not sure if the way i react is rightful way or not..
On my way to haircut just now, i bumped into this mid-forties man. He looked rather sickly and wore a sad expression. (Yes, he did mentioned that he was suffering from depression, well that is a common symptom that many fellow singaporeans had lately. If i'm not wrong, the population of people suffering from that increases over the months.) He was trying to sell off a second-hand hand vaccum cleaner (which looks useful to people who have cars) because his daughter was celebrating her birthday tomorrow (yes, he got retrenched recently and did not manage to find a job after that) and that he has no cash at hand, thus he needs to raise some cash desperately. Heartless, i declined buying the vaccum cleaner (my mum will kill me if i buy that back!), i provided him the reason for not buying (partly due to me being cash-strapped too!). Instead, i gave him 5bucks (i know it is not alot, but that was what i can do within my means) and gave him some word of comfort and blessing for his daugther. He put on a smile after that. Well, for the plight he was in, i really feel very sad for him. It seems that many people are in the sorry plight as him lately. My buddy's friend is also in the same plight as him (though not in terms of family problem, but soome sort like that). She did not manage to make it to the Uni after her A levels (which is a waste if you are in A levels, cos the cert of A levels will bring you no where in this stiff and meritocratic society). So, she went entered the working society after all. So what's her problem? She brings home a monthly income of less than S$1000 dollars every month given that she has to work 8 to 7 every day, inclusive of saturdays. What can that money do? I think it is really just enouh to pay bills, tansports and meals. Nothing more than that.

I seems to fall into the period of uncertainty again.. Will I be like them in the future? Will I?

Sometimes, life seems like a demon, though for me now is still angel. It is kind to me, for at least, i met a lot of buddies that i can really count on, whom will brighten up my days in my period of darknees and saddness, whom trust me and confides in me, whom accept me as who i am. Well, it is still kind to me after all. So this is it. I'm actually quite contented with what i have and who i have now.. (For now, let my show my deepest gratitudes to the people who are out there whom i can count on.. Thanks, bros and buddies. Smile!!)

I believe that there are alot of things happening lately that i wasn't aware of, perhaps it will be the time for me to look around and check it out... Yup, i think i'll stop here...
But before that, here an interesting question to ponder about>>>

what will the last thing you wanna to do if tomorrow is your last day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home